Monday, January 22, 2018

Impossible With Men, Possible With God

A new year is an exciting time. It means a new beginning, an opportunity to make some things right and start some things over. A new year means a renewed hope and renewed vision for God's plans for us.

David and I faced several challenges in 2017 and I am sure you and your family did as well. It is not a stretch to say that we even felt that some of those challenges were impossible and a couple of them have found their way into this new year. A new year and a new beginning don't always mean the old stuff goes away.

At the beginning of a new year I choose a verse of scripture that I call "my life verse for the year." It is always a promise that I commit to memory and when I need to be reminded that God can be trusted to keep His word, I let that verse saturate my thinking and my focus. This year my verse is Luke 18:27;
Jesus said, "The things which are impossible with men are possible with God."

In my journal I have written some things that I feel are "impossible". I am sorry to say it is a long list and I know it is a list that will grow with the new year. But each time I see God turn the impossible into possible, I will thank Him, praise Him, and mark that impossibility off my list because you see...... I am choosing to believe God for the impossible.

As you begin a new year, I encourage you claim a promise and in faith, believe that God is more than able to keep His promise, no matter how impossible it may seem.

Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment