Wednesday, August 10, 2016

He Heals the Brokenhearted.

I do not believe there are any coincidences or that things "just happen." I believe I serve the One Who controls all things and nothing is allowed into our lives that will not have a purpose, and all things He allows will produce fruit. Plain and simple, but it is a belief I hold dear and near to my heart.

My Bible reading this morning was Psalm 147; a psalm I love. (I say that about all the psalms.) As I read this psalm, I thought of what this day will hold for so many. Some will experience a broken heart, some will know great pain. And no matter our circumstances or the challenges we may face today, I am so thankful that I serve the One True God Who can heal each broken heart, bandage every wound, has all power over all things, has no limits to His knowledge, and loves to bless the humble. I knew that God had chosen this psalm to comfort my heart today and as I share it with others, I pray it will comfort you. Here are verses 1-6:

Praise the Lord!
For it is good to sing praises to our God:
For it is pleasant, and praise is beautiful.

The Lord builds up Jerusalem:
He gathers together the outcasts of Israel.

He heals the brokenhearted:
And binds up their wounds.

He counts the number of the stars:
He calls them all by their name.

Great is our Lord, and mighty in power:
His understanding is infinite.

The Lord lifts up the humble:
He casts the wicked to the ground.


Is your heart broken? God will heal it. Are you wounded from the battles of life? God will bandage your wounds. He knows exactly how many stars are in the heavens, He named each one. He is mighty in power and His knowledge knows no limits. He looks at each humble heart and lifts it up.

In Luke 4:18, when Jesus began His public ministry He said this: "The Spirit of the Lord has anointed Me to heal the brokenhearted." Life is tough; life hurts. If that is where you are today, allow Him to heal everything that is broken and fix every hurt place. He can. He will. He is the only One with the power and knowledge to do it all. Thank you, Jesus.

Penny


No comments:

Post a Comment