Wednesday, May 30, 2012

It's VBS Time!

I say it every year; "I am not working in VBS this year. I'm too busy, let someone else do it, I'm just too tired and not really into it this year." But just like every other year for the past 37 years I was lined up last week with all the other teachers and students, marching in behind those 2 flags and the Bible, singing those songs, corralling errant 2 and 3 year olds, and so thankful that our church still does Bible School "the old fashioned way" with lots of games, crafts, food, and a nightly dose of the Word!!

My sister Janet and I taught the 1st and 2nd grade class and I say without partiality that they were the best class ever!! They loved the Bible stories and were amazed that a man named Jonah could actually live 3 whole days inside a fish's belly. Kids really are eager to hear what the Bible has to teach them and it is so important to fill their minds with truth while they are still young. Here are some our 1st and 2nd graders intently working on their lesson.





David helped in Bible school, too. He helped out with the 2s and 3s. Our grandson, Tate, my great nephew, Vince, and my great niece, Haven, were in the class. They were a rambunctious group and oh so much fun!! David made this simple yet profound statement early in the week and one I want to remember when talking with children. He said, "Children read our faces." Oh so true. I want to be "approachable" to children so that means I convey it by the look on my face. This is David and our soon to be 2 year old grandson, Tate Noffsinger.


Here are some more pics of our commencement program: This is Vince and Tate.











A few of the 2s and 3s at commencement; my great niece, Haven, is the cutey in the pink skirt.












Sarah had a great time in VBS, too. Her teacher Robyn did a great job!!



Are you involved in VBS at your church? Invest yourself in the lives of children and watch how the dividends
grow! And don't forget; "children read our faces."

Let me hear from you about your VBS experiences!!!

Penny






No comments:

Post a Comment